Nettlebed Surgery Medical Trust Appeal for Ideas
Money from a number of sources continues to come to the flourishing Surgery Trust. This Charity was set up a few years ago to cater for the generous donations from patients past and present. The Trust enables the surgery to purchase medical furniture and equipment which the NHS does not provide.
The Trust is keen to encourage patients to make suggestions about how it might assist the surgery to make improvements to facilities or to buy new equipment. So, if you have any ideas on how to improve the surgery, please let us know.
You can email your ideas to us c/o email@example.com, write to us at the surgery or leave a note in the suggestion box in the surgery waiting room. All suggestions will be discussed at the next Trustees meeting in May.
Choose Well Campaign
Oxfordshire Primary Care Trust have just launched a campaign to help people choose NHS Services appropriately. We shall be displaying their posters in our surgery. The message is:
- For life-threatening conditions, eg choking, chest pain, severe blood loss, call 999
- For Minor Injuries, eg deep cuts, eye injuries, severe sprains and broken bones, go to your local Minor Injuries Unit (MIU)
- For infections and persistent symptoms including feverish children, ear pain and vomiting, visit your GP
- If you feel unwell, unsure or need help, ring NHS Direct on 0845 4647
- If you have minor ailments such as grazed knee or sore throat, ask your local pharmacist for advice and keep your first aid cupboard well stocked.
For more information about the services listed above including the location of the local MIUs, please visit the Oxfordshire PCT webpage here. You will also be able view and download their latest leaflet.
Private Healthcare Providers
We are pleased to announce that Maria Wells offering Accupuncture, and Adelle Miller offering Homeopathic Advice are now taking bookings at the surgery. These services are not offered under the NHS so fees will apply. Please ring reception for more information.